I'm going to play catch up here, alot has happened the past few weeks. First thing was our sweet Tori's birthday, she of course looks so forward to this day all year and this year was no different. The day before Dave and I surprised her by painting her room hot pink like she has been asking for, and she was so excited, well the next morning she woke up and I was expecting a little girl so excited for her birthday, but instead she was super sick. She was puking and coughing and just miserable, and so her birthday was completely ruined for her, I felt so bad, there was no way to help her, and no way to make it better. One thing she wanted more then anything for her birthday was her own Dr. Pepper, and so first thing that morning Dave went and got her one thinking it might make her little belly better. The opposite happened and the poor thing got maybe two drinks of her DP. She was able to open gifts, but unfortunately didn't feel good enough to play with any of it, and she was only able to have a few bites of her birthday cake. Well I started wondering if maybe she was sick due to the paint in her room, and so for bed that night I had her sleep with Dave and I, and I am so glad I did. During the night we woke up to her with labored breathing, a fever that was so hot her little hands burned my skin, and a very rapid heart rate. We decided to take her into the E.R. where we found out she had pneumonia in both lungs, and her oxygen levels were extremely low, and her heart rate was extremely high. So they put her cute little butt in the hospital the night of her birthday. Well we ended up being there for a whole week, we had to cancel her birthday party twice due to the hospital visit, and she was miserable for a few days. She finally started to perk up a few days into the hospital stay, but only to end up falling back down and having to be put back on oxygen. We got out a week later and she has been doing so well, and has been able to do some fun things for her birthday. She was such a little champ, she never really complained, she didn't cry when she had her IV put in, and she made every single nurse fall in love with her. She is such a sweet heart and I am so proud to be her mommy, I love her with all of my heart, and I am grateful for the wonderful blessing that she is. This was her first seeing her room after it was painted
You can't tell she likes it can you?
Sitting on her new bedding she got for her birthday
showing off the infamous Dr Pepper
Taking 1 of her 2 drinks
This camera was her big gift, she has been asking for it for quite awhile
Tori and I played alot of checkers and games while at the hospital
Kylee came over one day for a playdate....weird I know but Tori was needing it
This was so great her oxygen finally reached 100%
Tori getting a treatment for the chest congestion
This little dog came in to visit Tori and the two of them became best friends
7 years ago








1 comments:
Betsy,
I am glad that your little Diva Survived her illness. She is growing so big and has her moms good looks and her dads Charisma!
Post a Comment